INITIAL PUBLIC WORKSHOPS
LAWA and the Part 161 Consulting Team conducted the following public outreach workshops in the communities of South Los Angeles, Inglewood, and Lennox for the purpose of introducing the general public to the LAX Part 161 Study. Specific dates and locations are listed below. Click here to view the meeting flyer and the workshop presentation boards.
Tuesday, November 14, 2006, 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at
Constituent Service Center — Community Room
8475 South Vermont Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90044
Wednesday, November 15, 2006, 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at
Inglewood City Hall — Community Room, 1st Floor
One Manchester Blvd.
Inglewood, CA 90301
Thursday, November 16, 2006, 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at
Lennox Park — Community Room
10828 South Condon Ave.
Lennox, CA 90304
FINAL PUBLIC WORKSHOP
The final public workshop was held on Tuesday, November 13th 2012 - 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Flight Path Learning Center at LAX. The workshop included four stations with display boards and subject matter experts from LAWA and the consultant team to explain the proposed restriction, its estimated costs to airlines, and the estimated benefits in terms of reduced noise and sleep disturbance to residents. The workshop also included a presentation further explaining the Part 161 study process, project findings, and next steps in the approval process. Click here to view the workshop display boards and the presentation, which was given twice during the workshop. The draft application to the FAA also available elsewhere on this web site.
Several attendees submitted written comments on the proposed restriction during the public workshop. Additional comments were submitted electronically at the Online Comment Form on this web site, by email to email@example.com, or in writing to Los Angeles World Airports, Environmental Services Division. The public comments and LAWA's response to those comments are found in Appendix C of the application.
The public comment period ran until December 17, 2012 and is now closed. The application was finalized and submitted to the FAA for approval in January 2013.
In addition to the workshops identified above, the following public meetings received presentations related to the LAX Part 161 Study. To view the presentations please click on the following links:
- Presentation to LAX/Community Noise Roundtable Noise Subcommittee, October 16, 2002
- Presentation to LAX/Community Noise Roundtable, March 17, 2004
- Presentation to LAX/Community Noise Roundtable, June 8, 2005
- Presentation to LAX/Master Plan Stakeholder Liaison Meeting, February 2, 2006
- Presentation to LAX Specific Plan Amendment Study Stakeholders, May 17 and 20, 2006
- Presentation to Westchester Chamber of Commerce, May 23, 2006
- Presentation to LAX/Community Noise Roundtable, April 13, 2011
- Presentation to LAX/Community Noise Roundtable, January 11, 2012
- Presentation to LAX/Community Noise Roundtable, March 14, 2012
- Presentation to LAX Airport Advisory Committee, November 8, 2012
- Presentation to LAX Community Noise Roundtable, November 14, 2012
- Presentation to LAX/Community Noise Roundtable, May 8, 2013
Though there will be no further public workshops on the LAX Part 161. There may be occasional briefings to the LAX/Community Noise Roundtable regarding the status of the LAX Part 161 Application for Approval of a Runway Use Restriction. If you wish to be informed of such future briefings, please check the Community Noise Roundtable web site at www.lawa.org/LAXNoiseRoundTable.aspx.