--- TRAVELER ADVISORY ---
Beginning 3 a.m. PST on Monday, January 23, 2017
, LAX Shuttle Bus “C-Lot C” and the courtesy vehicles for airport-area hotels and private parking lots will be restricted to one roadway level ONLY for dropping off and picking up passengers in the Central Terminal Area (CTA). The new Single-Level Busing Program is designed to reduce overall traffic in the CTA – especially during daily and seasonal peak travel periods -- by eliminating the “loops” driven by these vehicles, which currently drop off passengers on the Upper/Departures Level and “loop” back to pick up passengers on the Lower/Arrivals Level. Wayfinding signage will be posted and LAX staff available to direct passengers. This is the first phase of this new program; additional changes are expected later 2017. The new Single-Level Busing Program covers:
- LAX Shuttle Bus “C-Lot C” bus and Private Parking Shuttles -- will drop off and pick up passengers on the Upper/Departures Level ONLY. Designated curbs will be painted red and the below sign will be posted.
- ALL Hotel Shuttles – will drop off and pick up passengers on the Lower/Arrivals Level ONLY on the ground transportation islands in front of each terminal under the red sign:
- Dual Operators (shuttles that serve Private Parking and Hotels combined) – will drop off and pick up on the Lower/Arrivals Level ONLY under the red sign “Hotel Shuttles” (see above). Listed below are dual operators who serve both hotels and private parking facilities:
- 105 Airport Parking/Hyatt Place-El Segundo/The Hampton Inn
- 405 Airport Parking/Holiday Inn LAX
- Airport Spectrum/Crowne Plaza LAX
- Joe’s Airport Parking/Sheraton Gateway
- QuikPark LAX/Hyatt Regency
- Wally Park Express/Courtyard by Marriott-LAX
- The Single-Level Busing Program is one of many measures LAX has implemented to address the ever-growing number of vehicles entering the Central Terminal Area.
CLICK HERE for more info on our comprehensive Traffic Management & Mitigation Program.
MAP OF LAX GROUND TRANSPORTATION WAITING AREAS